73% Savings on MOH Spares & 1 Complete TOH Eliminated With Real-Time Engine Health Monitoring
- The customer wanted to assess the engine condition to eliminate unplanned downtime
- They wanted to save on the maintenance cost that occurs on a TOH at 12,000 running hours as per OEM
- Neptunus proposed the customer for continuous engine monitoring so that they have real-time engine condition data and eliminate unplanned downtime
- The customer’s onboard team, as well as their office team, can view the engine condition on a real-time basis and have full control over their engines
- With the real-time engine condition monitoring, the customer has to do only the scope highlighted by the system (Cylinder-specific Injector, bearing, fuel injection pump) thus eliminating an expensive overhaul and still retain the reliability of the engine
- Now, we have completed over 12 months and 6,000 running hours of continuous engine monitoring and have created a customized real-time dashboard as per customers need
- With over 6,000 running hours of engine monitoring, the customer was able to eliminate one complete Top Overhaul (TOH) and saved $60,000 on spares and services.
- For the major overhaul spares, as per the real-time engine condition monitoring , the cost is coming to just $1,48,000 as against $5,47,000 for a major overhaul asper OEM’s guidelines, which results in a savings of whooping 73%.
- They were able to save 15 days downtime which would generate them a revenue and increase their vessel uptime.
- They were able to keep a real-time track of their engine’s health by having access to it right at their office PC.